Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Thing 9 - Evernote: Great - but it will take more than that to rescue my desk #cpd23

I had never heard of Evernote until Thing 9 - but I have now downloaded it and synced with my android phone. I've played with it for about a week and it has become immediatly useful. In just a week I've used it to save photos and info for potential future blog posts, make a gift list for a friend and clip several web pages to come back to later.

I also really liked the video tutorials - they made me giggle. And it seems that Evernote employ elephant librarians (who seem to be able to articulate their professional talents better than many human librarians can). Perhaps I just like this tool because it feels a bit like a little librarian you can carry about in your pocket.



Though my desk looks a LOT like Jack's and I doubt there is an app anywhere that can really fix that. Despite my chosen career path, organising my own desk and files is not one of my strong points. Today is not a particularly messy day, in fact I am amazed to see that there is only ONE coffee mug present (the usual count is about 5) but even so, this is how my desk looks right now:

 



Maybe I should save THAT in Evernote??

No comments: