Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Anyone running instant messenger enquiry services?

With Warwick Library restructuring I will soon be moving from my original post as the Science Information Assistant in Academic Support, to the newly created post of Enquiries Support Officer in the Client Services Division.

Investigations for potential new enquiry services to introduce at Warwick are already underway, and today I went with our Service Innovation Officer to a meeting at Wolverhampton's Harrison Learning Centre to discuss QuestionPoint, the online enquiry service from OCLC.

It was really interesting to see how Wolverhampton are working with the service, and also to get a quick look at a potential bot they might use later on to help people navigate web sites.

It was also really good to catch up with some old colleagues, it's over 3 years now since I worked in Wolverhampton Learning Centres, and it was great to see Vince, Ramilla, Tom and Jo again, it was a shame I didn't have time to go over to Learning Centre Direct or to track down Mark Williams, or my old partner in crime, Toby Alexander. Maybe next time. . . .

Anyone got any experiences with online enquiry services?

No comments: